Tuesday 20 October 2009

turbans

It's funny, I always associate the turban with summertime, sand and swimsuits. But this evening, I was ecstatic to find The Sartorialist had captured the turban in it's full Fall flare.

The Sartorialist
The Sartorialist
The Sartorialist
And the reason I was searching for turbans? Well last month, while shopping, I came across a few vintage turbans which I quickly snatched up. The thought was I'd either put them up in the shop or sport them through the Fall, but after photographing and posting both of them today I realized I actually want to keep one. However, tragically it was too late...They were already up in the shop! So off, I am, to scout out the perfect turban for my Fall wardrobe. I'm thinking green velvet would be the absolute. As in Scarlett O'Hara's make shift recession gown green. No?







Dalena VintageDalena Vintage

So why, you might ask, do I have a certain fondness for the turban? I kind of feel this quote from Miss Dita von Teese in Inked Magazine is perfectly fitting of my love...

"Paris. As an eccentric, I feel most comfortable there. I was having tea in one of my favorite restaurants there recently, and I was wearing a 1940’s turban. I looked around, and I saw two other women in turbans. They were like, 90 years old, but I thought, “This is the place for me!”
I can't tell you how many times I wonder, am I really 27 years old? Or perhaps just a 90-year-old trapped in a young body? Am I alone in this feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment