Wednesday 13 April 2011

Working Designer Wednesday: Mixed Bag

I guess I’ll have to present you with a “mixed bag” every couple of weeks because there are just so many things I want to share with you and they don’t always fit into a neat little post title…so here are some random floral thoughts especially for you, my fellow designers…

#1

Ever thought of brides sharing flowers when they have weddings on the same day? I found this post by Sidra Forman very interesting!

#2

I need advice from some of you designers who have hired interns to answer a question I received this week from a designer on the West Coast…she asked:

 “I've been thinking of getting an INTERN, and offering an unpaid position to someone passionate, somewhat qualified, and I want both of us to benefit from it.  Any suggestions as to what duties I should assign an intern, and what things I should just 'do myself'?  If I'm going to do this, I want to do it right!”

Since I’ve never had an intern, I need some of you to speak up and help out a fellow designer…please.

#3

Beautiful window displays to inspire…

images via Denise Fasanello 

vdaywindowx la martineimage via La Martine

#4 Charming flower shop exteriors…

shop front 6a0120a5914b9b970c014e868e854a970d floraliimage via Florali

bloomsbury_exterior sprout flowers fred. image via Sprout

bot01 botanicalsimage via Botanicals

Pimlico_Shop_004 wild at heartimage via Wild at Heart

image via Sprout

findus_imaimage via Fleurt

p1000103 fleurs Baptisteimage via Fleurs Baptiste

#5 Chic interior shop design…

boutique-21911-w beautiful blooms

boutiuqe-21911e beautiful blooms4

07 beautiful blooms

IMG_0753 beautiful blooms

all images via Beautiful Blooms

#6 A great space to consult with clients…

188778_10150122626786989_124594406988_6716915_8344858_n jessica's country flowersimage via Jessica’s Country Flowers

#7 And, finally, because we can’t have a post without flowers…

ACF1494 kuperberg photographyimage via Kuperberg Photography

Have a cheerful Wednesday!

(and don’t forget to leave your helpful advice for our West Coast florist regarding intern duties…she’ll love you for it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment