Wednesday 8 July 2009

calling cards





Ever so slightly I'm reminded of afternoons spent in my Gigi's formal living room where my brother and I would be forced to sit and visit with friends, family, essentially all those who decided to pop in.

Oh! I could barely take it as a child. Sitting there, so fidgeting, drinking my tea and waiting for the moments Gigi would play piano and I could finally jump off the couch and dance to my delight for all who would watch.

No calling cards were exchanged, but I suppose it's the idea of visiting as such formal mode of entertainment and socializing that is reminiscent.

Along with letters and landlines, wouldn't it be lovely to bring back the calling card! I stumbled across these over at Dull Tool Dim Bulb along with a nice little history.

No comments:

Post a Comment