Friday 31 July 2009

naomilingerie





After spending a good part of yesterday afternoon drooling over the most charming lingerie I’ve seen in ages on Modish, I had to know, just who is the woman behind these beauties!

Enter Naomi, the one-woman force behind Naomilingerie, a rather new and perfectly designed Etsy shop featuring adorably dainty bra and panty sets and honeyed nighties.

Though she’s only been designing lingerie since January, she’s backed with seven years of experience in Tokyo’s fashion industry. And I’ve got to say, if this is what Naomi’s created in just the four months since opening Naomilingerie, I’m terribly eager to see what’s to come!

On Inspiration. I find comfort in antiques and organic forms.

On Material. Chiffon and organdie are captivating when working with them, they flow and feel lovely in my hands.

On Her Move to Australia. I grew up in country side of Japan. I had been fashion designer in Tokyo for 7 years. (I designed women's casual wear) But I was sick of fashion indutry! Because lots of mass production and copy commodity....So, I quitted job and then I traveled in Australia. Now I'm making lingerie in here.

And we're so glad you are! I've already fallen in love with the YUME sleep boxers in the dreamy floral chiffon only to find out they are too big for me...Guess I'll just have to head back to see what other goodies await!

No comments:

Post a Comment