Friday 10 July 2009

gunne sax


With each day bringing us deeper into summer, my desire to wear pants has almost completely diminished. Yesterday's high was 106 F, so you can see how just thinking about anything form fitting especially tight jeans sends me into a premature sweat!

I have a slight feeling this could be part of the reason for my recent drooling over Gunne Sax. With a plethora of prairie-revival skirts and dresses, each piece speaks in cool breezes, near whispers of why they are perfect for Southern summers.

Nana Pat Project. Perhaps it’s the lace ruffles. Perhaps it’s the off-the-shoulder neckline. Whatever it is, I’m gone. Lover: Please take me on an evening picnic so I can parade around the forest in this dress.

Ramona West. Etsy has quite a lovely selection of Gunne Sax dresses. I’d love to slip this one on, grow my hair out about 10” and laze on my friend’s front porch swing sipping on Frescaritas all through the day.

She Hearts Vintage. With so many of these dresses in maxi form, it’s nice to stumble upon a shorter piece with equal adorable qualities. Collared. Calico. Cool.

Zwzzy. Skirts shall not be forgotten! It would be so easy to simply throw on an old cream tank (tucked in of course!) and run around town in this uber flirty skirt.

Miss Kitten Vintage. Photos. Photos. Photos. Oh how I love a good photo! With it’s styling right on, I couldn’t pass this one up in my quest. I'm not quite sure if I could pull off sleeves quite so puffy, but a girl can try.

No comments:

Post a Comment