Thursday 24 June 2010

colorized

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a huge fan of Shorpy, a blog soley dedicated to historic photos from the 1850s to 1950s. If you've never been over to the site I highly (I would have super italized this if I could) recommend having a look around over there!

Normally I'm keen on the black and white images, using my imagination to conjure up color into each photograph. However tonight, I'm drawn to the colorized photos. One of the things I find most interesting are the comments. Quite a few people talk about how horrible it to colorize photos. I must be honest, I don't know what the big deal is. It's not as if the original was colorized folks! I could understand the rants a bit more if that were the case, but it's not at all. Most of the complaints revolve around robbing the image of it's original beauty. Well again, they've got both images. If you so desire to see the colorized in it's original black and white, you can easily do so. Actually, I find it rather fun to check out the black and white, imagine it in color in my own little head, then get the chance to see someone else's take. What are your thoughts?

Rock_On_1926cxsm[1]
18457ua[1]
11975ub[1]
01689ub[1]
8a30336u_0a[1]
06688u_0a[1]
LoungingFlapperInBathingSuit[1]

Now colorization drama aside, can you tell I'm dreaming of Summer? I know it's supposedly here but I'm not quite convinced. Until the sun tells me otherwise, I'm taking warmth and inspiration from each of these bathing beauties! One pieces galore and that last with the belt, just darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment