Tuesday 22 June 2010

My (Not So) New Favorite Color

I guess I’ll make it official and admit my obsession with grey. The love affair has been brewing for a while. I love it in interior design and I love it in floral design…

6a00e554d7b82788330120a5a7c5ec970b-500wve;vet & lineneiimage via Velvet and Linen

7-ynez-xdertg-o0874 lane dittoimage via Lane Dittoe

6a00e5505fecd388330133f0570c38970b-500wi simply seletaimage via Simply Seleta

0028 the treasured petalimage via The Treasured Petal

102709-006 tracery kitchenimage via Tracery Interiors

Asiel Designs 3 The Hidden Garden blog - Asiel Designsimage via The Hidden Garden and Asiel Designs

ACF64E Jessica claire and FlowerWildimage via Jessica Claire Photography and Flower Wild

custom-wine-bottles-wedding-reception-yellow-gray-modern-loft-wedding-reception the sweetest occasionimage via The Sweetest Occasion

holidaypop-up7 JL Designsimage via JL Designs

img_1449 the nicholsimage via The Nichols

Jill-Thomas-Preview style me prettyimage via Style Me Pretty

paloma81 grey bedroom pimk wallpaper blogimage via Pink Wallpaper

right bank 7 13 09 bedroom haven and homeimage via Haven and Home

romantic2 JL Designsimage via JL Designs

tracery_dougdaviskitchen_sinkimage via Tracery Interiors

WedGallery_LG_36 rountree flowersimage via Rountree Flowers

ws_07 jeff greenoughimage via Jeff Greenough Photographers

white-kitchen-cabinets-subway-tile-stainless-steel-appliances-blue-walls-plank-wood-floor the sweetest occasionsimage via The Sweetest Occasion

xmas inspiration board 09 JL designs    image via JL Designs

I’ve always been drawn to the grey tones of dusty miller, certain succulents and brunia berries so it just thrills me to see floral designers using them in fashion-forward arrangements and bouquets.

Last summer I painted the outside of my house grey…my bathroom is grey (and turquoise)…my new sheets are crisp white cotton with slate trim…our TV room sofa is a graphite leather sectional…and from the looks of these pictures, I’m destined for a greyish kitchen!

Anyone else feel the love for grey?

No comments:

Post a Comment