Monday 19 September 2011

the 1910 lingerie dress

Last weekend my mom and I drove over to Waco for a few estate sales. Lo and behold I came across this beauty hanging from one of the bedroom doors...

1910 Lingerie Dress

The woman working the sale said she thought it belonged to either the man's mother or grandmother and dated back to around 1910. I usually don't buy pieces from around this time period but this dress was stunning and in such amazing condition for it's age. My mom said I had to at least try it on. I did and it was over. Sold! With such intricate hand-crafted detailing, how could I not? The fate of the dress is yet to be determined, but there's a large chance you'll see it up in the shop over the next few weeks.

1910 Lingerie Dress

In researching the dress, I searched around for similar dresses dating back to the same decade. Tons of family photos from the early 1900's sprang up in my quest and while looking through all those old photos I got wondering what my own family was wearing around that time. This is what I found...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment