Tuesday 13 April 2010

pale wildwood flower

Can you tell I'm listening to a bit of The Carter Family? If you never heard Wildwood Flower, go listen now! The lyrics are as bittersweet as can be...

Oh I'll twine with my mingles and raven black hair
With the roses so red and the lilies so fair
And the myrtles so bright with the emerald dew
The pale and the leader and eyes look like blue

I will dance I will sing and my laugh shall be gay
I will charm every heart in each crown I will sway
When I woke from my dreaming my idols were clay
All portion of love had all blown away

Oh he taught me to love him and promised to love
And to cherish me over all others above
How my heart is now wondering no misery can tell
He's left me no warning no words of farewell

Oh he taught me to love him and call me his flower
That was blooming to cheer him through life's dreary hour
How I long to see him and regret the dark hour
He's gone and neglected his pale wildwood flower













Dalena VintageDalena VintageDalena Vintage
Dalena VintageDalena VintageDalena Vintage

Perhaps these are a little better as far as the backdrop being a bit more consistent in color. I'm kind of thinking I might have a future in prom photography or at least creating the backdrops. Don't I look like that girl who flew solo to the dance perfectly happy yet was forced by mother to order the largest photo package possible? These lovelies will be up in the shop over the next few days along with the rest of yesterdays post!

No comments:

Post a Comment