Monday 3 May 2010

Remembering A Spring Wedding

Regardless of the stress involved in the wedding business, I treasure the great parts of creating wedding flowers…and there are many! If I had to choose my favorite part it would definitely be the relationships that are built while working on an event…with the brides and their families…and with the designers…working elbow to elbow for long, long hours (things can get a little silly).

Yesterday I had a “moment”. As I was walking down the hall at church someone shouted my name. I turned and saw a lovely pregnant woman smiling as she said, “You did my wedding!” I love moments like that! She recently celebrated her 3rd anniversary and is now expecting her first child...and I haven’t see her since her wedding day.  Join me on a little trip down memory lane…

nowowiejski wedding 047 edit We seated her tossing bouquet in an urn and used it as the sign-in table arrangement. At the end of the night she was able to lift the bouquet from the urn and toss it before leaving on her honeymoon. The tossing bouquet contained pink/green hydrangeas, pink ‘Majolika’ spray roses and green hypericum berries.

nowowiejski wedding 034 edit Ahhh…simplicity…three peonies graced the top of the wedding cake…

nowowiejski wedding 072 crop The bride carried pink peonies, viburnum, ‘Garnet Glow’ mini callas, green hypericum berries and (one of my favorites) scented geranium leaves wrapped with Midori ‘Celadon’ ribbon.

nowowiejski wedding 078 cropThe bridesmaids wore chocolate dresses with pale pink ribbon sashes and carried bouquets of peonies, viburnum, aspidistra and scented geranium leaves. The Matron of Honor carried the same bouquet with one addition…pale pink stock.

I feel so blessed to have worked with so many sweet brides over the years…and extra blessed to run into them from time to time and be able to catch up on what’s happened in their lives since the wedding day!

It’s going to be a good week…

No comments:

Post a Comment