Tuesday 17 August 2010

austin, texas

Night swims at Barton Springs. Yummy breakfast tacos. Porch drinkin' with friends. General relaxing with my family. The list of things I can't wait to do when I get home goes on. Home for me is none other than Austin, Texas. And yes ma'am it's true, I'll be heading back for a ten(ish) day visit at the beginning of next month. That is to say, about three weeks from now!

Most of my belongings still reside in Texas, tucked into the nooks and crannies of my parents home and scattered around town in the care of friends. This said, I don't really need to pack which is quite nice. There are, however, a few things I wish I could snag for the trip and pack in my imaginary suitcase.


Let's take this Woodstock Romper by Spool No.72, for example. I would love to get my hands on that cutie! It's perfect for Texas heat, but not so great for Washington weather. I could easily see myself wearing like just about everyday, in just about every situation.

My sensible, buy-only-things-you-can-wear-here side would really love to splurge on a pair of Tom's. I've been wanting a pair something badly but haven't bought new clothes for myself in quite some time. I'll spend a few dollars (literally two or three) here and there on thrifted pieces for my closet but even that is a rare occasion. I'm thinking though, how much more practical can one get? Whether it's warm weather or cool weather, city streets or light trails, you're good to go. And there's the fact that for every pair you buy, a child in need gets a pair of shoes too. Okay, perhaps I'll treat myself!

As much as I love the sun, I'm also terrified of it. Terrified of what it does to my skin at least. Since I've been up in Washington, I haven't really had to worry about sunscreen. I wear it everyday on my face and chest but as for the rest of my body, it's usually covered. I'll definitely have to pick up some sunscreen and I absolutely love Alba Botanica in Lavender. It's a bit pricier than other creams, but the fact that you don't feel greasy or have that gross sunscreen smell makes the splurge well worth it.

The other two items I've shown you. Check and check! My trusty Cover Girl lipstick in Classic Red is already in my makeup bag. I wear it proudly and often. And my bicycle is eagerly awaiting my arrival. Isn't she a beauty? Austin, I love you and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment