Monday 26 July 2010

strawberry jam

I finally did it! The strawberry jam hath been made and boy is it tasty. If you decide to try out any of the kitchen projects I've been listing lately, this is it. I snagged it from The Anne of Green Gables Treasury I mentioned the other day. All it takes is two simple ingredients, strawberries and sugar.

strawberry jam

Chop the tops off 2 cups of strawberries and toss in a pot with 1 1/3 cups of sugar. Heat slowly until the sugar begins to melt. Then bring the mixture to a boil and stir frequently for about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat. You'll probably have a light pink foam on top. Scrape this off then pour the mixture into a pan. Cover and let sit overnight. Grab a jar and pour the jam in for storing. Strawberry jam!

strawberry jam

I'm no jam expert, but I would say making jam this way you'll want to eat it up in a week or so, as it won't keep. But seeing as this makes about one jar, you shouldn't have a problem! It's quite tasty as a topping for that shortbread I made the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment