Saturday 24 July 2010

peggy sue & a q for u

Earlier in the week I got a little tip on a couple of vintage chiffon gowns hiding out at the local thrift store. Of course I headed over as quickly as a I could to check them out. There were three, all 1950s and all gorgeous! Only two were for sale, a lovely pink chiffon and a classic black lace. After a whole lot of pondering and shop rummaging, I decided I would only get the black lace party dress as the pink chiffon was just a little too worn for my liking. Isn't it just lovely? I'll be listing it in the shop tomorrow morning along with a few other pieces.

I also did a bit of experimenting with indoor photography. I'm not sure what I think...How about your thoughts?











After playing in the dress for a few hours this afternoon, I thought it probably made some gal quite the happy lass at her 1950s prom. Which in turn had me wondering if I could find footage of such a thing. Alas, I could not, but I did find this clip of Buddy Holly performing Peggy Sue in the late 1950s. All the ladies standing so prim and proper in the background are wearing dresses of a similar style. So neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment