Wednesday 29 September 2010

Balsa Wood Flowers

One of my favorite floral designers, the ultra talented Carissa of JL Designs, provided my first glimpse of balsa wood flower bouquets. Carissa’s clever use of these flowers will play tricks on you…I swear you’ll think they’re fresh! See for yourself…

joannabrian1 JL Designs

joannabrian6 JL Designs

jodienathan3 JL Design

joannabrian3 JL Designs

holidaypop-up18 JL Designs all images via JL Designs

Before long, I began to see balsa wood flowers pop up in other places…

22 cori cook floral design     image via Cori Cook Floral Design

4319154681_4d6344b39b lauryl laneimage via Jasmine Star Photography

What do you think? I can think of so many advantages to using balsa wood flowers in wedding work. Assuming you’re not combining them with perishables, you could begin designing much earlier and forego the stress of worrying about ethylene damage or wilting. The bridal party would have an everlasting keepsake to remember the occasion. The downside: limited color palette and flower shape…

I’m a huge fan after seeing these beautiful designs!

As always, I love it when you visit the Brouhaha. Have a great Wednesday…

No comments:

Post a Comment