Tuesday 21 September 2010

stranger, texas

On the visit to the grandparents last week, we decided to make a quick swing past the cemetery where my great aunt and uncle are buried. Armed with our to-go iced teas, we walked around for a few minutes checking out random tombs and wondering how we had never noticed the cemetery was actually sandwiched between two churches, not just one. I swear that second church just popped out of nowhere so of course I had to go investigate. Well boy did I feel a bit foolish when I found out the church was actually built in 1866, just a few years after the Civil War. Talk about overlooking something!



Now for a dress you may have seen on the blogs of a few fashionable vintage loving ladies...





When Quincy over at Q's Daydream sent me this Chain Letter Dress from Modcloth, I had some grand ideas for styling it up. The morning I slipped it on however, the heat had already gotten the best of me. I couldn't imagine wearing anything else so I just paired it with a simple pair of black wedges and a silver necklace my Granny made me in middle school.

Where is this cute little number headed next? Back up to the Northwest where I'll be headed soon, to Annie of Little Ocean Annie. I can't wait to see how she styles it with her growing baby bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment